2014/15 Coaching Profiles
Dante Zanatta, Head Coach
Dante was born and raised on Vancouver Island, and has long been developing his coaching abilities and collecting many titles over the past 20 years. In his early years of soccer Dante enjoyed much success as a key player with teams like Gorge FC of the VISL and Victoria United FC of the PCSL and went on to coach both those teams to several championships. He was honoured as the top coach in British Columbia by the BC Soccer Association in 2002 and feels his success is due to his passion and love for the game.
This past summer Zanatta earned his National ‘A’ Coaching License from the Canadian Soccer Association. The 'A' Licenese is the highest available in Canada. NEWS RELEASE
Starting in 2008 Dante was a full time staff coach with the British Columbia Soccer Association where he has been the manager of District Development Centres and Grassroots in the Province, as well as a staff coach with the CSA National Training Centre West. He currently is the technical director for Kelowna United FC after his appointment to that role in February of 2011. NEWS RELEASE
2014/15 will be Dante's is fourth season as head coach of the UBC Okanagan men’s soccer team. This year the Heat men's soccer team will compete for the first time in the Pacific Conference of the Canada West Universities Athletic Association (CW). CW is one of the four conferences across the country that form the CIS, the governing body for the highest level of interuniversity athletics.
In his first season, Dante led the Heat to their first ever provincial medal, as the team captured bronze at the PACWEST Provincial Championships after a 4-2-5 regular season finish. In his next two season's the Heat just missed the post season, finishing 2-7-6 in 2012 and 6-5-3 in 2013. The six wins in 2013 was a school modern day record, besting the five win team from 1998.
Tom Flanagan, Assistant Coach
Tom was born and raised in Kelowna BC and started coaching locally in academies and camps at age 14. While playing in Kelowna Tom also gained experience in the lower mainland with Provincial Team Programming and Surrey United. In 2003 and 2004 he gained playing experience with Doncaster Rovers FC in South Yorkshire England with the youth team and reserves. Now focused on developing his coaching abilities and furthering his knowledge for the game, he has recently obtained his National 'B' coaching license through the Canadian Soccer Association.
In 2014/15 Tom will be entering his fourth season as the assistant coach of the UBC Okanagan men’s soccer team.
- Head Coach at OKM Soccer Academy: 2009-present
- Assistant TD at Kelowna United FC: 2009-present
- Head Coach U14 boys TOFC: 2010
- Head Coach U13 boys TOFC: 2011
- Head Coach U16 boys TOFC: 2012
- Assistant Coach UBCO Heat 2011- present
- Kelowna United FC U13-U16
- Competed in Super Y League with Okanagan Predators from 2001-2004
- U16 SYL North American Finals 2004
- BC Team 2002-2003 and 2003-2004
- Surrey United U21 2003-2004
- Doncaster Rovers Youth/Reserves 2004
- Okanagan Challenge/Pacific Coast League 2005
Sean Causier, Assistant Coach
Sean Causier was born and raised in Port Moody B.C, before moving to Kelowna in 2011. Graduating from UBCO in 2013 with a degree in Human Kinetics, he has developed a passion for sport science and strength & conditioning. He has worked with many teams and many successful individuals from different sports around BC.
In 2014/15 Sean will be entering his second season as an assistant coach of the UBC Okanagan men’s soccer team.
- 16 years with Port Moody Soccer Club
- 2011 – 2013 UBCO team
- 2008 – 2011 Capilano University team
- 2012 Okanagan Challenge (PCSL)
- October 2011 PACWEST Athlete of the Week
- 2008 BCAA Provincial Champions (Cap U)
- 2008 CCAA National Champions (Cap U)
- 2008 U – 21 Provincial Champions (Port Moody Soccer Club)
- 2008 AAA Provincial High School champion (Port Moody Secondary)
- U16 USL North American Championships with Abbotsford Mariners
- U12, U13 Provincial team (Ireland tour)
Last reviewed 10/15/2014 1:07:21 PM